Saturday, July 25, 2015

Tadaima - "I'm home"



Casey and I are starting a blog to document our experience as homeowners.

The fact that we are indeed homeowners is pretty shocking. We were simply looking in to the possibility of buying a house a few months ago. Somehow, it's like we blinked, turned around, and voila! We had a house! We had managed to jump through all the hoops. We somehow won the bidding war. Mostly, we just got really lucky. However, we were smart to choose our amazing realtors Gina and Eric

While it came quick, our quest to find a house did have its intense moments. I'm talking about you, First-Offer-Rejection-Whiskey; and you, Cigarettes (Casey's, not mine); and also you, Close-Calls. At certain points, it seemed like our offer was going to fall through.  

As overwhelmed as I am by the prospect of becoming handy, I feel so fortunate to be able to purchase a home with my husband (it's a pretty significant one-year wedding anniversary gift to ourselves!). I also am amazed that I own a house in the insanity that is the Seattle housing market

Today really felt like our first official day as homeowners. It was the first day we could actually move in together, and start working on our house. I call it a livable fixer-upper. 

My dad Vern, helped us in preparation for a larger family pizza work party tomorrow (we also had "pizza work parties" for our wedding). I feel a little less intimidated by this whole process after getting my dad's blessing on the new place, and hearing his thoughts on what projects we should prioritize. 

He and I also checked out our local hardware store McLendon's, scoping the $2 Vietnamese sandwich place, the Asian market, Proletariat Pizza and Full Tilt ice cream on our way back. Casey picked up lunch for all of us at Greenbridge Cafe

I hope I'm not being naive, but I'm looking forward to living in a more diverse place that's not yet uber gentrified. I'm not saying we don't need to be careful; we live in a city. But White Center is a vibrant community, there is a unique vibe there. Give it a decade or so, and I wouldn't be surprised if it absorbs some of neighboring West Seattle's and Georgetown's cool factor. Granted, to me it has cool factor because it's not yet "cool" :)

Tomorrow: Pizza Work Party con familia + more moving and painting. 

Day after tomorrow: Totally out of our Ballard house! (That's the goal, anway).

P.S. Tadaima is "I'm home" in Japanese. 

New hood
Casey <3
The "Before" pictures!


1 comment:

  1. EFFECTIVE AND MOST POWERFUL 24 HOURS LOVE SPELL CASTER 2020


    I feel very happy to share my great and wonderful testimony with everyone on this platform..: I was married for 7 years to my husband and all of a sudden another woman came into the picture he started hating me and he was abusive and all because i never bear him a child. but i still loved him with all my heart and wanted him at all cost.... He filed for divorce and my whole life was turning apart and i didn't know what to do, he moved out of the house and abandoned me all alone,one day a very close friend of mine told me about trying spiritual means to get my husband back,so i went online to search and i came across so many spell caster who only wasted my time and took a lot of money from me,but i went back to her and told her that spiritual way has only taking my money and not yielding anything, and she introduced me to a spell caster, Dr gbojie, so i decided to try it. although i didn't believe in all those things because of what i have gone through lately, i contacted Dr gbojie and he explain all my problems to him and he told me that i shouldn't worry that when he cast the spell on me and my husband that my husband is going to run back to me and that within 2 weeks am going to get pregnant,so i did the little he ask me to do and behold it all work out,my husband run back to me and right now we have Twins Girl and a boy,so all thanks to Dr gbojie you're indeed a great spell caster, in case anyone needs help here, whatsapp him now +2349066410185 or email him : gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com
    Website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me

    ReplyDelete